Wednesday,July 31st,the FED day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday,July 31st,the FED day.

https://finviz.com/futures.ashx Markets are up 0.20% ,gold is up 2$,oil is up 0.85%.Waiting for FED decision.

Carl Futia

Today support is at 3010. If it fails then a drop to 2970 will probably follow. Meantime the upside target is 3048.

Comment

Adam Mancini

Note this is a higher time frame target based on a "megaphone" pattern I posted several weeks ago so it doesn't mean I think its going there today or directly - will need to see how levels play out on lower time frames

Comment

$OIL Looking great from this post yesterday. Oil is different than $GOLD in that during periods of Oil strength, the commodity outperforms the stocks (its vice-versa for Gold). The Oil:XLE ratio suggests more of this ahead and I'm looking to a $62.50 major target on crude
        Quote Tweet

Adam Mancini
        @AdamMancini4
        ∑ 19h
        The $OIL to Energy Stock $XLE ratio suggests more upside ahead for crude. The strongest moves for oil come when it outperforms energy stocks and the ratio is forming a bullish cup and handle base since June. If this breaks out, a period of oil outperforming energy stocks is next

Comment

Futia:

http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fear & greed:

https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/

Comment

Interesting to note that $SILVER back to underperforming $GOLD and this is different than most the month. Its still below where I posted my short setup last week after breaking down a rising wedge. Fed today introduces risk here, but still looking down towards the 16.15-.10 zone
              Quote Tweet

Adam Mancini
              @AdamMancini4
              ∑ Jul 25
              $SILVER Has strongly outperformed $Gold and held up amid recent Gold weakness. It makes sense then that if Silver sells off, Gold will too, and there's a setup for that now. After a great rally silver formed a rising wedge on the 4hr with steep RSI divergence. Looking for $16.15

Comment

BIG day for gold ahead of #FED announcement. Not that this move is #FED based, but after a lengthy consolidation, I expect the FED decision will be the catalyst. I favor and positioned long. I expect another $100-$150+ rally or an Intermediate Cycle top to occur from here.

Comment

Let's see now.

Comment

https://www.hiddenforces.io/podcast/...ep96_raoul_pal
                    Episode 96
                    Raoul Pal | The Fourth Turning: Generational Theory and the Future of Global Money
                    Featuring Raoul Pal
                    Demetri Kofinas speaks with investor Raoul Pal about the future of global money in a multi-polar world. This leads to a discussion about Bitcoin, Libra, and alternative forms of money that could outcompete and eventually supplant the currencies issued by sovereign governments. Additional topics include debt, demographics, gold, and more.

Comment

Volatility:

https://twitter.com/InsiderBuySS/sta...228289/photo/1

Comment

JNUG:

https://twitter.com/Gann360/status/1156605482162896896

Comment

The Fat Pitch:

https://fat-pitch.blogspot.com/2019/...t-summary.html

Comment

Oil:

https://twitter.com/AdamMancini4/sta...03244120092673

Comment

Adam Mancini

For Fed days, while you have a shot at getting the outcome right, predicting how price will react to it is nearly impossible - especially short term. Markets dont make things easy and react counterintuitively with wide engulfing candles. I never enter new positions until next day

Comment

*FED CUTS RATES 25 BPS, ENDS BALANCE SHEET DRAWDOWN AUG. 1 Gold corrected first,flat now.Dollar may be topped.

Comment

traderstewie

3h
                                  Coming into important FED days like today's where the FED is almost "forced" to do something(and they probably will lower interest rates).... I prefer to not make any new entries until AFTER the FED announcement!

Comment

Jin SEO
                                    @JTSEO9

1m
                                    They should have raised

zerohedge
                                    ∑ 1m
                                    ICE DOLLAR INDEX RISES TO 2-YEAR HIGH AS GREENBACK EXTENDS GAIN this is called Policy Error

Comment

MrMiyagi
                                      @MrMiyagann

53s
                                      Complacency is a bitch. $SPX dropped 45 points in 10 minutes. #DowJones dropped 400. $SPY $QQQ $IWM $RUT $GDX $UUP $USD $XLE $XLF $IYT $BA #ratecut #FOMC #Powell #Trump $CPC $AAPL $VIX

Comment

A few December mictro gold closed at 1430$.Let,s see how it goes tomorrow.Probably buy back if dollar topped.

Comment

Got a few190$ 9 Aug QQQ PUTS at close,for fun of it only.

Comment

VIX:

https://twitter.com/MysteryTrader99/...59664915959809

Comment

#Dow Daily: $DOW unbelievably, the charts predicted a hawkish surprise and sure enough it came true

. Amazing how much information is hidden in the tape sometimes

. So far Lower BB & 50MA held as supper. But Stochs indicate wave 2 is not over yet... #economy #DowJones $INDU

Comment

$TLT Weekly: #TLT on the cusp of breakout. 13MA / 50MA bullish cross just happened, Stoichs 2nd bullish wind coming, MACD across centerline into bullish territory. Upper BB starting to curl up. Bonds need quick upside move to BB or rally will fail #treasury #bonds #usd $USD #DXY

Comment

Daily #NASDAQ : $COMPQ initially was hinting at Wave 2 starting pre-Fed. Turns out itís the Fed itself that is causing W2 to start with one of the most bonehead policy moves ever. Cutting QT off 2 month early was massive mistake

. Yellow VBP holding for now #NDX #NQ $NDX $NQ

Comment

$TLT Daily: #TLT did bounce off purple support TL & ramped into Fed, initial Fed reaction very positive for bonds. MACD curling bottom, 13MA/BC crosses bullish, Stochs ramping hard. If upper BB reverses, bonds could rip hard #federalreserve #bonds #treasury $USD #DXY #Treasuries

Comment

Jim, does red lunar cycle start around next Monday??Thanks in advance.

Comment

The markets including metals were hoping for a 50 point cut. But instead it was sell the news.

Comment

NYMO:

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?%24NYMO

Comment

NAMO:

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?%24NAMO

Comment

Bitcoin:

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/g....html?%24NYXBT

Comment

Silver:

https://twitter.com/KimbleCharting/s...83174253797377

Comment

Stocks:

https://twitter.com/KimbleCharting/s...78841206374401

Comment

Originally posted by froll61 View Post
                                                                    Jim, does red lunar cycle start around next Monday??Thanks in advance.
                                                                    froll61,

Today, July 31st, is a new moon, so about two days from today, around Friday, August 2nd, should be the start of a lunar red period. Thanks for reminding me. :-)

https://lunatictrader.com/moon-cycles-in-the-markets/

Comment

SPX:

https://twitter.com/MysteryTrader99/...86011889594368

Comment

Markets:

https://twitter.com/LMT978/status/1156692247871725568

Comment

Karl
                                                                          July 31, 2019 - 6:57 pm
                                                                          I feel sorry for anyone (other than someone with extreme insiderís knowledge or supreme good luck) who tried playing the market when Au briefly turned up today. In fact I generally feel sorry for anyone other than the most tuned in (to luck or inside knowledge) who try to do anything within ~48 hr of the announcement.

I lost a lot of money on paper today but am back where I was about 2 weeks ago, far above where I was weeks before that, and that was well above where I was a year ago. Northstar I believe referred to zones of ďturbulenceĒ, and we have hit an air pocket. I do have to note to myself not to let the gains disappear, and remember to bail out if the air pocket sensation persists.

I personally look most of all at long term trends, using my own methods, but looking at different moving averages on different time scales (daily, weekly, monthly on a given timescale sometimes) is one readily available thing that helps. If stocks that have been great winners before, stocks one has wished to own but seemed to run away, bounce off many MAs, then thatís a good sign. If they donít, but instead keep going down, then maybe I start having to rethink. Since I tend to have the strong bias that for the next few years that these stocks will move up, I personally use the sign that if Iím even thinking of selling a given stock I need to sell and even more aggressively than I think I should. People who arenít inclined to think these things are going up probably should not use this sign. One of the best signs to sell will be if previous winners start crossing multiple MAs in different time frames, but thatís just one sign. If they starts moving up again, esp nice and gently, then buy.

Or so is my opinion, which is often flawed. I just think itís as Northstar says interesting. And turbulence. The times when I was in planes that hit air pockets I always thought it was a lot of funĖpeople pay for that at amusement parksĖ except that I would have preferred some sort of absolute guarantee that the experience was limited. Itís like that.

Comment

HiddenPivots
                                                                            @HiddenPivots

1h
                                                                            $SPY #Fed Lets see if history repeats #RockTober

Image

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Was stopped (S&P) out for 0.7% loss. Technically a "Cycle Failure" although I discount "Fast news driven" moves from failures. Close it important.
                                                                              Image

Comment

• #40

Bob Loukas
                                                                                @BobLoukas

3h
                                                                                Ugly! But not end of the world just yet. $USD new highs though...get the hopium out on a bull trap.
                                                                                Image

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  SPX:

https://twitter.com/AdamMancini4/sta...09167959007233

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Jesse Felder and The Insider Trader liked

Eric Pomboy
                                                                                    @epomboy

1h
                                                                                    $TVIX 2x VIX sees biggest volume day on record: 77mln shares

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Adam Mancini
                                                                                      @AdamMancini4

12m
                                                                                      To new people on Twitter- theres 0 correlation between the number of followers someone has and ability. Some of the best accounts I follow have fewer followers. The real value on here comes from learning different approaches and combining them to develop/improve your own

Comment

Market Data

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Gold Markets

Collapse

Investor Tube

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse
                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                      X