Friday ,December 28th.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday ,December 28th.

Gold is flat to down,oil is down a bit.Futures up nice BUT for so many names, mid BB on hourly chart start to go up at decreasing rate (start to flat a bit), so be careful for a hike and fade back to mid BB on hourly chart. Need some hedge when mkt go lower low on 30min chart if you play long.

But if mkt fade first back to mid BB on hourly upon open then it can go way higher.

Futia:

http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bubble Head liked
      kpak‏ @kpak82
      11h11 hours ago

$SPY Might be just me but I dont see any great setups that fit my criteria. Not one that makes me excited. Went through my good trade archive to recalibrate myself to the good stuff. Just lots of choppy thin extended consolidation intraday on all charts. Many below daily 10/20dma

Comment

qqq 28 dec calls closed at the open and rollover some of the profits to QQQ156$ 4 JAN CALLS at 9.40 am.Keeping nvda4 jan 135$calls,i got yesterday close to bottom

Comment

Be careful this morning. mkt can go either way today (either pull back and hike again, or hike a bit then fade). remember spx comp both far far away from their daily 5ma (which is down there).

Comment

Times Square, 1947:

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGuterman/...59198360801280

Comment

Originally posted by froll61 View Post

Be careful this morning. mkt can go either way today (either pull back and hike again, or hike a bit then fade). remember spx comp both far far away from their daily 5ma (which is down there).

With 1000 pt intraday swings on the table, I think people are pretty much braced for anything at this time. I would have to assume most traders are waiting for this bounce to play out and are looking to get short at some point though. Who knows.

Comment

mkt in risk pulling back to hourly chart mid BB or even daily 5ma. so no surprise to see this fade. NQ downs almost 1%. see if amzn can hold and lead tech to pull back up.

Comment

Okay, with respect to the miners, for me there are several warning flags that they are due to come back down. First is the black candle that GDX and $HUI made on December 4th. $HUI has not left behind a black candle on the daily chart since the 2016 low. Is this time different?

The same thing can be said for one of my silver miners, AXU, which left behind a black candle on the weekly chart last week. It has not left behind a black candle on the weekly chart since the 2016 low. While it might go higher in the near term, it is almost guaranteed to come back and make a weekly close below last week's close in the weeks ahead. Is this time different?

Third, the silver miners have yawned over the last few days, despite silver being up quite a bit and getting close to the 200 dma.

Fourth, cycle theory timing says we are at or near a high.

Fifth, as of now, GDX is putting in a classic topping candle on the weekly chart this week after hitting both the 50 and 200 WMAs. I noted that the 50 and 200 WMAs were probable targets this IC a month or two ago, and we have hit them. Plus, there is a chance that the candle will be black if we close under 20.70 today. This is screaming reversal.

Sixth, GDX put in a textbook outside reversal candle on the daily chart this week, which established a high for the last several months.

Basically, gold, silver and the miners are set up to correct back down starting very soon (like this week or next week) based on all of the above. The only other possibility is that they are setting up for an epic spike a la January 2016--only an extremely powerful spike can shake off all of the above mentioned headwinds IMO--not exactly something you can bet the house on.
                  Last edited by Spanky; 12-28-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

No way in hell this week's low in commodities (GCC) holds. More weakness ahead guaranteed. All the more reason to suggest the miners will follow suit, especially the silver miners which are more highly correlated with the broader complex than gold miners. 2019 could turn out to be a slog for commodities. An explosive move higher is slipping away the closer we get to February/March with price still stuck in the 17s and headed lower.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-28 GCC - WisdomTree Continuous Commodity Index Fund.png Views:	1 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	388745

Last edited by Spanky; 12-28-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

USD:

https://allstarcharts.com/chart-week...ks/#more-91735

Comment

Talk about misery and the slope of hope. Wow. There haven't even been any convincing sucker's rallies. Just incredibly consistent and steady lower lows and lower highs. Unreal. Just short it on any tag of the 100 dma and get rich I guess.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-28 HL - Hecla Mining Co .png Views:	1 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	388748

Comment

GPL is finally making a move upward. The base on the daily chart isn't pretty, but it is going to take some doing to break the recent low, IMO. In all likelihood, I think it has seen its low and won't look back. It's got a lot of work to do now.

Comment

ItzStockChartz‏ @itzstockchartz 2h2 hours ago

#Apple 2019 Price Target $250 http://itzstockchartz.tumblr.com/tagged/AAPL $AAPL

Comment

Ariel‏ @ChartLines 5m5 minutes ago

Ariel Retweeted Ariel

Iíve been among those who, for months now, have been looking for a low in the grains commodities that would form the basis for an uptrend to last months if not years. This week could be it, so will see if it holds from this week. $SOYB $ZS $CORN $ZC $WEAT $WHEAT $ZW

Comment

Let's see if the Dow can get to 24,000 today, lol.

Comment

Stocks:

https://kimblechartingsolutions.com/...ys-joe-friday/

Comment

AXU--I had hoped that it would start it's next major leg up prior to the cross of the 200 and 300 WMAs. It still has some time to do it. I just wish that it hadn't put in a black candle last week. It casts a pall over any upward move from here, IMO. Maybe I am too paranoid.

C'mon AXU, baby needs a new pair of shoes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-28 AXU - Alexco Resource Corp (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	388755

Comment

HL daily chart. It has a window the second week of January where it can bust through the cloud. Otherwise, I think max upside will be in the 2.60 area for the next several weeks if it fails to break through, and more likely we get sideways to down action. Next couple of weeks should be interesting. I have been expecting a top in the metals so a big pop in the miners would definitely not be something I would be expecting. EXK has a similar little window but on Thurs. and Friday of next week.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-28 HL - Hecla Mining Co .png Views:	1 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	388757

Last edited by Spanky; 12-28-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I picked up some NOK a couple of days ago. The daily and weekly charts look decent to me. This a is long term hold for me. It is a tiny little hedge against my PM holdings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-28 NOK - Nokia Corp .png
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	388759

Comment

David Rosenberg‏ @EconguyRosie 5h5 hours ago

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Thirteen Fed tightening cycles since 1950. Ten recessions ensued. Play the odds. And no, you don't need a curve inversion. The business cycle, sad to say, has not been repealed.

Comment

NYMO:

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?%24NYMO

Comment

NAMO:

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?%24NAMO

Comment

Bitcoin:

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/g....html?%24NYXBT

Comment

A current Bitcoin price:

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin

Comment

Market Data

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Gold Markets

Collapse

Investor Tube

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse
                                                  Working...