Monday December 4th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday December 4th

Donny's tax plan passed, futures mucho verde.
    Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
    Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
    Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

Miners, USD, SPX:

https://likesmoneycycletrading.wordpress.com/

Comment

Stocks moved up during the ending lunar red period. It will be interesting to see what happens during the new lunar green period starting about December 5th.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Good morning Sophia and everyone.

Comment

Futia:

http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

Comment

NQ red... it didn't take long

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                NQ red... it didn't take long
                Selling tech stocks to fund buying in tax-cut benefiting stocks in S&P. Didn't think about that angle on Friday...
                Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.

Comment

Sold JPM @ $107.24.

Bought 200 WB @ $99.88

Comment

QQQ: my oh my... can the Q's do it? Intraday 5-minute MACD/20ema lining up for upside, although this is a heavy downside day. May need another dip and re-try but it's trying, very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

Selling tech stocks to fund buying in tax-cut benefiting stocks in S&P. Didn't think about that angle on Friday...
                      yeah, me neither .... still space to the downside if they really want to hammer it

Comment

That NQ is done pottering around down there, I see 6415 in the near future... why not?

Comment

QQQ: my oh my... can the Q's do it? Intraday 5-minute MACD/20ema lining up for upside, although this is a heavy downside day. May need another dip and re-try but it's trying, very hard.
                          So far, so good.

Comment

So far, so good.
                            so far so good indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                              That NQ is done pottering around down there, I see 6415 in the near future... why not?
                              Added some QQQ DEC CALLS

Comment

Originally posted by froll61 View Post
                                Added some QQQ DEC CALLS
                                Santa better stuff electronics in everyone's stockings...

Comment

Originally posted by froll61 View Post

Added some QQQ DEC CALLS
                                  we are getting close... 6170 I think

Comment

Gold is at a major inflection point in my book but I expecting a breakout to the upside in 2018 too begin soon.

https://www.investing.com/analysis/g...4=this_is_1234
                                    "Bull-markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria." Sir John Templeton

Comment

SPY:

http://www.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2...moneyflow.html

Comment

That is really huge BOW,900 BLN IN SPY and ANOTHER 1,2 trillion $ in big teck shares,MSFT,AAPL,BABA.Feels like DCL.

Comment

Well it was the same on Friday, so not sure that it means something right away

Comment

Originally posted by Surf City View Post
                                            Gold is at a major inflection point in my book but I expecting a breakout to the upside in 2018 to begin soon.

https://www.investing.com/analysis/g...4=this_is_1234
                                            "My Cycle work indicates that gold’s 5-6 month Intermediate Cycle Low (ICL) should be very close, if it has not already been left behind."

Also, Peter Brandt is pointing out a possible head-and-shoulders low forming in gold now. My data source is almost certainly not as good as his, but mine has the left shoulder price being lower than the head.

Here we have two traders suggesting that we might not get the price drop that Poly is expecting. But my feeling is that the cluster of lows going back to October 6 are much too good to pass up, and the "bears" will attack those lows and take the price below them. That would take it to its lowest level since the first DCL on August 8. And *that* low is not much lower, so I would expect it to be taken out as well.

The standard expectation then would be for a big price drop, toward $1200. I get the impression that gold is relatively well-bid these days, and I would not be surprised to see the decline bottom well above $1200. Surf City notes and displays the long-term supporting trendline, and while of course we might get a false breakdown, the trendline support is another reason to suspect that the next ICL won't be especially low. On the other hand, Poly always emphasizes how ICLs are usually pretty sharp. A spike low might solve this problem, taking the price down pretty far but leaving only a tail on the weekly candlestick chart and thus not doing too much damage to the long-term supporting trendline.

And as a reminder, the word "spike" in financial markets has had its meaning changed in recent years. People now use it to mean "thrust", which is a one-way move, usually upward. I don't like it when people change the definition of words from something elegant and descriptive to something much less so. A spike looks like a spike, whether it goes up or down. I am using the word in the previous paragraph to mean a sharp decline followed by a fast, sharp rebound. I would say that ES spiked down on December 1 to 2605.0, for example. Looks good on the 30-minute chart.

Comment

Market Data

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Gold Markets

Collapse

Investor Tube

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse
                                            Working...