Friday May 19th: Flat Overnight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday May 19th: Flat Overnight

Should, in theory, be a down Friday to end the week after Thursday's bounce.

Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
    Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
    Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

The DOW slow stoch still pointing down.. flash crash anyone?

Comment

SPX, gold:

https://likesmoneycycletrading.wordpress.com/

Comment

Gold, Euro and the Dollar:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/m...d-euro-dollar/

Comment

Charlie Bilello‏Verified account @charliebilello
          7-sigma event for the Brazil ETF, which is supposed to (if markets followed a normal distribution) only happen once every 3,105,395,365 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Charlie Bilello‏Verified account @charliebilello
            7-sigma event for the Brazil ETF, which is supposed to (if markets followed a normal distribution) only happen once every 3,105,395,365 yrs.
            I wonder how they calculate those odds....
            20% decline... What a day!

Comment

Reversal Levels:

http://www.reversallevels.com/2017/0...or-may-19.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia View Post

I wonder how they calculate those odds....
                20% decline... What a day!
                Well, first off they probably assume a normal distribution, which we know is not accurate, but they use it again and again and again.

Comment

anybody expecting much on this metal bounce? or is the height already in at day 7? 4th daily cycle or 1st daily cycle? hmmm........

Comment

well, I am getting killed on my shorts.... let's see if those Calls come handy

Comment

maybe SPX is on the way to close its gap from 3 days ago at 2401?/?

Comment

I am now stopped out of my shorts ( 5640 in NQ)

Comment

maybe SPX is on the way to close its gap from 3 days ago at 2401?/?
                          This is pretty strong.
                          Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.

Comment

short NQ 5662 25 points stop

Comment

Originally posted by marinho View Post
                              anybody expecting much on this metal bounce? or is the height already in at day 7? 4th daily cycle or 1st daily cycle? hmmm........
                              Just shorted GC at 1250.70

edit: set stop at 1258

Comment

Originally posted by Piros_Cap View Post

Just shorted GC at 1250.70

edit: set stop at 1258
                                Waiting for close below 1245 and join you.

Comment

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24XJY

Comment

Started a small position in JDST.

Comment

Poly Sophia what are your thoughts on oil? Currently just above 200 day ma. I am currently stuck in a short
                                      Last edited by krunkedonsilver; 05-19-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Futia:

http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by krunkedonsilver View Post
                                          Poly Sophia what are your thoughts on oil? Currently just above 200 day ma. I am currently stuck in a short
                                          we should retrace towards 48 IMO, but then 54
                                          one rule I have is never be short Oil on a Friday....so if your stop gets triggered, do not come back into it

Comment

That chopstick SPY 240.18 from wedn may be reached today or Monday,but weekends may bring change.

Comment

Tim Ord , last night, talked about 2425 target on ES, by mid June.... at the rhythm of this morning, we will be there by Tuesday !!

Comment

USD:

https://twitter.com/ChartLines/statu...41226199564288

Comment

SPX gap at the open is now 20 points higher.... quite tempting for a Friday

Comment

NYMO back to ZERO

Comment

TRIN @ 0.53.... at this level, we should see a drop on Monday if it closes here or lower

Comment

TRIN @ 0.53.... at this level, we should see a drop on Monday if it closes here or lower
                                                        I was about to mention TRIN, keep an eye on the close. I know, it sounds crazy that market may go down after today.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

I was about to mention TRIN, keep an eye on the close. I know, it sounds crazy that market may go down after today.
                                                          we never know Sensei, just trying to make sense of movements....

Comment

A lot of options buying in equities, multiple sectors.

Comment

the market is nasty... after 6 hours of draining the patience of the Bears, it is going to leave us with hope over the w/e

Comment

the market is nasty... after 6 hours of draining the patience of the Bears, it is going to leave us with hope over the w/e
                                                                New article in NY Times on Trump and Comey moving ticker down.

Comment

intraday NYMO back under ZERO

Comment

thanks

Comment

thanks
                                                                      Add this to that article.

Comment

should just change their name to We hate Trump or Lies R Us

“Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure…"
                                                                        — John Adams

Comment

Both TRIN and cumulative TICK look very bullish. But what do I know... I thought we needed another move down to test or break the March lows, but the rally of the last two days has me questioning that now.

Edit: I do have a volume indicator on shorter term SPY charts (78 min, 130 min, and 195 min) that usually indicates more downside, but it's short term, like maybe just a day or two.

Have a great weekend everyone!
                                                                          Last edited by pimaCanyon; 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM.
                                                                          A human being is part of a whole, called by us the ‘Universe’ —a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts, and feelings, as something separated from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”--Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by pimaCanyon View Post
                                                                            Both TRIN and cumulative TICK look very bullish. But what do I know...
                                                                            Typically, a TRIN close under 0.60 results in a Bearish turn for equities within two days, of unspecified magnitude and duration.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Have a great weekend everyone! Steaming hot in Central Park ( or Perk?)

Comment

• #40

Typically, a TRIN close under 0.60 results in a Bearish turn for equities within two days, of unspecified magnitude and duration.
                                                                                and NYMO back under Zero for the close

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Have a great weekend everyone! Steaming hot in Central Park ( or Perk?)
                                                                                  I see it went up to 32C, that's everyday for me here in Singapore.

Comment

Market Data

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Gold Markets

Collapse

Investor Tube

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse
                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X