Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday May 19th: Flat Overnight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Friday May 19th: Flat Overnight

    Should, in theory, be a down Friday to end the week after Thursday's bounce.

    Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
    Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
    Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

  • #2
    The DOW slow stoch still pointing down.. flash crash anyone?

    Comment


    • #3
      SPX, gold:

      https://likesmoneycycletrading.wordpress.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Gold, Euro and the Dollar:

        https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/m...d-euro-dollar/

        Comment


        • #5
          Charlie Bilello‏Verified account @charliebilello
          7-sigma event for the Brazil ETF, which is supposed to (if markets followed a normal distribution) only happen once every 3,105,395,365 yrs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Charlie Bilello‏Verified account @charliebilello
            7-sigma event for the Brazil ETF, which is supposed to (if markets followed a normal distribution) only happen once every 3,105,395,365 yrs.
            I wonder how they calculate those odds....
            20% decline... What a day!

            Comment


            • #7
              Reversal Levels:

              http://www.reversallevels.com/2017/0...or-may-19.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sophia View Post

                I wonder how they calculate those odds....
                20% decline... What a day!
                Well, first off they probably assume a normal distribution, which we know is not accurate, but they use it again and again and again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  anybody expecting much on this metal bounce? or is the height already in at day 7? 4th daily cycle or 1st daily cycle? hmmm........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    well, I am getting killed on my shorts.... let's see if those Calls come handy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      maybe SPX is on the way to close its gap from 3 days ago at 2401?/?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am now stopped out of my shorts ( 5640 in NQ)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                          maybe SPX is on the way to close its gap from 3 days ago at 2401?/?
                          This is pretty strong.
                          Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
                          Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
                          Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            short NQ 5662 25 points stop

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by marinho View Post
                              anybody expecting much on this metal bounce? or is the height already in at day 7? 4th daily cycle or 1st daily cycle? hmmm........
                              Just shorted GC at 1250.70

                              edit: set stop at 1258

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Piros_Cap View Post

                                Just shorted GC at 1250.70

                                edit: set stop at 1258
                                Waiting for close below 1245 and join you.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24XJY

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Started a small position in JDST.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Poly Sophia what are your thoughts on oil? Currently just above 200 day ma. I am currently stuck in a short
                                      Last edited by krunkedonsilver; 05-19-2017, 11:12 AM.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Futia:

                                        http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by krunkedonsilver View Post
                                          Poly Sophia what are your thoughts on oil? Currently just above 200 day ma. I am currently stuck in a short
                                          we should retrace towards 48 IMO, but then 54
                                          one rule I have is never be short Oil on a Friday....so if your stop gets triggered, do not come back into it

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            That chopstick SPY 240.18 from wedn may be reached today or Monday,but weekends may bring change.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Tim Ord , last night, talked about 2425 target on ES, by mid June.... at the rhythm of this morning, we will be there by Tuesday !!

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                USD:

                                                https://twitter.com/ChartLines/statu...41226199564288

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  SPX gap at the open is now 20 points higher.... quite tempting for a Friday

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    NYMO back to ZERO

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      TRIN @ 0.53.... at this level, we should see a drop on Monday if it closes here or lower

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                                                        TRIN @ 0.53.... at this level, we should see a drop on Monday if it closes here or lower
                                                        I was about to mention TRIN, keep an eye on the close. I know, it sounds crazy that market may go down after today.
                                                        Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
                                                        Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
                                                        Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

                                                          I was about to mention TRIN, keep an eye on the close. I know, it sounds crazy that market may go down after today.
                                                          we never know Sensei, just trying to make sense of movements....

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            A lot of options buying in equities, multiple sectors.
                                                            Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
                                                            Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
                                                            Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31

                                                              the market is nasty... after 6 hours of draining the patience of the Bears, it is going to leave us with hope over the w/e

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                                                                the market is nasty... after 6 hours of draining the patience of the Bears, it is going to leave us with hope over the w/e
                                                                New article in NY Times on Trump and Comey moving ticker down.
                                                                Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
                                                                Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
                                                                Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33

                                                                  intraday NYMO back under ZERO

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

                                                                    New article in NY Times on Trump and Comey moving ticker down.
                                                                    thanks

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by Sophia View Post

                                                                      thanks
                                                                      Add this to that article.
                                                                      Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
                                                                      Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
                                                                      Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

                                                                        New article in NY Times on Trump and Comey moving ticker down.
                                                                        should just change their name to We hate Trump or Lies R Us

                                                                        “Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure…"
                                                                        — John Adams

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

                                                                          I was about to mention TRIN, keep an eye on the close. I know, it sounds crazy that market may go down after today.
                                                                          Both TRIN and cumulative TICK look very bullish. But what do I know... I thought we needed another move down to test or break the March lows, but the rally of the last two days has me questioning that now.

                                                                          Edit: I do have a volume indicator on shorter term SPY charts (78 min, 130 min, and 195 min) that usually indicates more downside, but it's short term, like maybe just a day or two.

                                                                          Have a great weekend everyone!
                                                                          Last edited by pimaCanyon; 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM.
                                                                          A human being is part of a whole, called by us the ‘Universe’ —a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts, and feelings, as something separated from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”--Albert Einstein

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by pimaCanyon View Post
                                                                            Both TRIN and cumulative TICK look very bullish. But what do I know...
                                                                            Typically, a TRIN close under 0.60 results in a Bearish turn for equities within two days, of unspecified magnitude and duration.

                                                                            Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
                                                                            Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
                                                                            Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Have a great weekend everyone! Steaming hot in Central Park ( or Perk?)

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post

                                                                                Typically, a TRIN close under 0.60 results in a Bearish turn for equities within two days, of unspecified magnitude and duration.
                                                                                and NYMO back under Zero for the close

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                                                                                  Have a great weekend everyone! Steaming hot in Central Park ( or Perk?)
                                                                                  I see it went up to 32C, that's everyday for me here in Singapore.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Market Data

                                                                                  Collapse

                                                                                  Sponsor

                                                                                  Collapse

                                                                                  Gold Markets

                                                                                  Collapse


                                                                                  Investor Tube

                                                                                  Collapse

                                                                                  Sponsor

                                                                                  Collapse
                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X