Thursday December 31st; bye-bye 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday December 31st; bye-bye 2015

Time passes in a flash when looking back.

Jobless claims numbers at 08:30 EST, an hour prior to market open.
    Oil rig count at 13:00 EST.

Last edited by MrMiyagi; 12-31-2015, 12:12 AM.
    Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.
    Seriously. Don't follow me. Just don't. I only guess at things.
    Also.. I'm not the real Mr Miyagi; he's been dead since 2005.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	359654

Comment

oil....36.23 low
      Last edited by matrix; 12-31-2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Gc....1057.60 low
        Last edited by matrix; 12-31-2015, 08:36 AM.

Comment

no doubt its the US manipulators in gold

Comment

It's a big coil on gold and a DCL coming that will launch a strong rally. Coming very soon IMO.
            "Stop thinking of income in terms of your time"

The Financial Tap - Cycles Analysis & Trading

Comment

Originally posted by Poly View Post
              It's a big coil on gold and a DCL coming that will launch a strong rally. Coming very soon IMO.
              Sorry but you will be wrong.

DEFCON 5 on gold.

DENNIS GARTMAN IS LONG GOLD

Comment

FWIW I agree a rally is coming our way
                Look what I can do!

Comment

I know everyone is positioned for a rally, but what do you make of the aging cycle, and it being left translated?
                  Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

Comment

I have a feeling that many people here have different cycle counts on gold. This type of 'fogginess???' with cycles often concerns me.
                    Last edited by Rob L; 12-31-2015, 01:17 PM.
                    "What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet."

-Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Rob L View Post
                      I have a feeling that many people here have different cycle counts on gold. This type of 'fogginess???' in cycles often concerns me.
                      Indeed, thats why I watch from a distance when in doubt.
                      I usually like to play clear DCLs and very very clear DCHs. Patience is the name of the game when it comes to gold for me.

Comment

sold the QQQ puts form a couple days ago 85% profit very nice . thank you Mr M
                        “Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure…"
                        — John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Gracegift View Post
                          sold the QQQ puts form a couple days ago 85% profit very nice . thank you Mr M
                          Closed as well, bought higher @ 0.83 sold @ 1.31

Just dislocated my shoulder on a nasty moggle so took the cash and will wait for 2016 to come

Comment

I think that the PPT will come to bring it back up for tonight

Comment

Everyone,
                              I don’t post very often, but I do read this forum daily. I’d like to thank Poly, and everyone on this forum (especially MrMiyagi), for sharing your thoughts and opinions. I really love the substantive discussions that are full of intelligence and good humor.
                              Wishing everyone a great new year.
                              Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia View Post
                                I think that the PPT will come to bring it back up for tonight
                                we do need to hit the 203.46 on SPY from 12/23 we also ahve a bunch in the 201.67 range from 12/22 if we go that low the perma bulls will be jumping off their desks. of course that woudl be perfect for a nice bounce
                                “Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure…"
                                — John Adams

Comment

From Jeff lark at Stansberry:

Name:	Gold Dec-Jan.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	359655
                                  Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

Comment

Originally posted by DG View Post
                                    From Jeff lark at Stansberry:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10978[/ATTACH]
                                    Interesting! Also to note that since we are still in a bear market, taking the average from 2011 to date, gives you a 1.8% average which is still positive! since including 2005 to 2007 heavily skews the data.
                                    So for 2015, the price of gold at the close on Dec 18th was 1065. Lets see where she goes!
                                    Last edited by Tex; 12-31-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Interesting:

Name:	Dec Low.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	359658
                                      Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

Comment

Interesting:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10981[/ATTACH]
                                        Seriously, throw all historical data out the window.

This is all that matters anymore.

It's all that's mattered since 2009.

Comment

Interesting:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10981[/ATTACH]
                                          dow low was 17128.55 correct
                                          — John Adams

Comment

dow low was 17128.55 correct
                                            Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                                              I have 17, 116.73

Comment

Gld

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10983[/ATTACH]
                                                "All the lines and patterns mean nothing without time! No different with indicators, with out understanding time the settings are wrong and the results worthless! "
                                                "Lack of crisp cycle work leads to guess work and a lot of emotional bull/bear market calls, over and over!" WT

http://mymarketgeometry.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiifive0 View Post
                                                  I have 17, 116.73
                                                  That's intraday. The study uses closing lows.

Comment

That's intraday. The study uses closing lows.
                                                    Ahhh.

Comment

Re DG's Stansberry post last night, EEM down 3 years in a row.

Comment

Just dislocated my shoulder on a nasty moggle so took the cash and will wait for 2016 to come
                                                        Don't know what a moggle is but that shoulder thingy sounds painful my friend
                                                        Don't follow or make any trades based on any chart, guess, study, joke or prediction I make.

Comment

AAPL

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Name:	AAPL.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	359661
                                                          "All the lines and patterns mean nothing without time! No different with indicators, with out understanding time the settings are wrong and the results worthless! "
                                                          "Lack of crisp cycle work leads to guess work and a lot of emotional bull/bear market calls, over and over!" WT

Comment

Comment

Doubled up on SA at 8.17. Bought GGN fresh this morning. Gettin' heavy for the January pop.

Comment

• Intraday NYMO at +13, this is the day high here
                                                                • VIX at 17.98, just off the day low
                                                                • TRIN at 0.90, day range is 0.73-2.19
                                                                • NYADV at 1255, below neutral but day high
                                                                • SPX day high is at 200sma overhead

Comment

hmmmmm...

Comment

USO up 3%, good call Yo!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMiyagi View Post
                                                                      ...a rich businessman, someone who is neither a witch nor a warlock, or a snowy hump?

Comment

dict says

means:
                                                                        Hi (to a lady) you are beautiful, with model looks.

but dont know how you hurt your shoulder if somebody said that to you
                                                                        Last edited by Gracegift; 12-31-2015, 12:05 PM.
                                                                        — John Adams

Comment

USO up 3%, good call Yo!
                                                                          Futures took out my mental stop by 14 cents last night. I'm only still in because I used options and decided to trail a stop as it had risen off of lows by the time options opened. Dumb luck.

Comment

dict says

means:
                                                                            Hi (to a lady) you are beautiful, with model looks.

but dont know how you hurt your shoulder if somebody said that to you
                                                                            She must have shrugged very hard

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Closed as well, bought higher @ 0.83 sold @ 1.31

sorry to hear that!

Did you mean "on a nasty mogul"? Were you skiing?
                                                                              A human being is part of a whole, called by us the ‘Universe’ —a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts, and feelings, as something separated from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”--Albert Einstein

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by pimaCanyon View Post
                                                                                Did you mean "on a nasty mogul"? Were you skiing?
                                                                                Now THAT makes sense!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Gold Undervalued Due To Massive Stock Dilution And Debt | Gold Eagle

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Not sure what to make of the USD spike here, its rather odd. If this becomes RT it can pose some problems to counts.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Fire in Dubai hotel skyscraper.

No sprinklers?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Fire in Dubai hotel skyscraper.

No sprinklers?
                                                                                        Someone smokin' a dubai?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          IWM: June 102/85 put spread 43,043 volume each.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Yo View Post
                                                                                            Someone smokin' a dubai?
                                                                                            I see what you did there

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              DG, If SA closes under the 50dma, are you out? TIA
                                                                                              "What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet."

-Woody Allen

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                AAPL day low, back to August prices.

Either a good long opportunity or a drop sub $100 in the wings.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Rob L View Post
                                                                                                  DG, If SA closes under the 50dma, are you out? TIA
                                                                                                  I may sell the add-on I just did today, but the last day of the year often has odd moves at end of day. I'd likely wait until Monday and sell then if still below. I am unlikely to give it past Monday though if it cannot get going.

I am not so strict with my stops. The real point is to kn ow what your risk is and not exceed that number for any reason. I am in lots of these and they are each about 1% of my account, so no one can bite me too badly (1% actual; 4% using the GLD relative weightings I have written about, as I count small miners as 4 X as volatile as GLD)

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    New one:

Name:	Screen shot 2015-12-31 at 11.10.03 AM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	359662

Comment

• #51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Tex View Post
                                                                                                      I know everyone is positioned for a rally, but what do you make of the aging cycle, and it being left translated?
                                                                                                      I'm not positioned for it currently, just observation. But I believe we're seeing a "burn off" Cycle here that will span both of the IC's. Meaning that you could associate it with either the last or first DC, no way to tell. Some say these are ending DC's that do not form lower lows, thus a bullish consolidation. Not enough "repair" here to be a 1st DC that is LT.

Comment

• #52
                                                                                                        I'm not positioned for it currently, just observation. But I believe we're seeing a "burn off" Cycle here that will span both of the IC's. Meaning that you could associate it with either the last or first DC, no way to tell. Some say these are ending DC's that do not form lower lows, thus a bullish consolidation. Not enough "repair" here to be a 1st DC that is LT.
                                                                                                        Poly,
                                                                                                        Do you have a report coming out soon?

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                          Yeah, not sure how to reconcile exceptions. The counts are off, for that expectation, in my opinion.
                                                                                                          Time will tell.

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Tex View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah, not sure how to reconcile exceptions. The counts are off, for that expectation, in my opinion.
                                                                                                            Time will tell.
                                                                                                            That's why there is no sense in pushing trades when it's not clear cut. Just an observation of mine, but the new IC needs to occur and what we've seen is not that.

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hawaiifive0 View Post
                                                                                                              Poly,
                                                                                                              Do you have a report coming out soon?
                                                                                                              Probably within 2 hours, been working on one.

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                                Intraday NYMO down to +17.38, despite the drop it is still not at the day's low.

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                                  Update 1 hour later on GGN. It's starting to move and is above the 50 DMA now. Volume is also coming in. I usually lose on these, but the losses are tiny. GSV, for example, is up 25% from my buy of three weeks ago. That makes up for a lot of .3% losses. Just sharing how my "bottom picking" works...

Name:	Screen shot 2015-12-31 at 12.06.32 PM.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	359663

Comment

• #58

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                                      TLT: Massive March 125/130/135 call Butterfly 88,000/176,000/88,000 volume.

Comment

• #60
                                                                                                                        GGN

Also long!

Name:	GGN.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	359664

Comment

Market Data

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Gold Markets

Collapse

Investor Tube

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse
                                                                                                                        Working...
                                                                                                                        X