Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Trading Spam 20140309-20140316

Nice way to start the week...

It's justifiably immoral to deal morally with an immoral entity.

If you trade based on what other people say, you will lose money. Especially what I say. I won't be held responsible.

Festina lente.

I expected a lot more volatility than that on the open.

If you trade based on what other people say, you will lose money. Especially what I say. I won't be held responsible.

Festina lente.

Comment

Same for me

Comment

Bunch of yen numbers at 7:50 this evening.

Festina lente.

Comment

Copper moving down again.

Festina lente.

Comment

Short 1874.75, tight stop.

Festina lente.

Comment

Bit early to say yet, but this is shaping up to be a rather nasty night.

Festina lente.

Comment

Out, -1.75. Guess I was wrong. At least for now.

Festina lente.

Comment

One more shot at this, but then I think I'm done.

Short 1874.75. 2 handle stop.

Festina lente.

Comment

*Waits for /ES to catch up with the yen...*

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	351880

Festina lente.

Comment

Stop to 1873.75

Festina lente.

Comment

Heh. Went to check the nikkei and... No response from nikkei.co.jp.

Oh! Wow! "Internal server error" kicked out after about 3-4 minutes waiting.

Festina lente.

Comment

Success! I mean for the website. The nikkei looks kinda failish.

Festina lente.

Comment

Long from 1873.25, +1.5.

Festina lente.

Comment

Back short 1873, -0.25. Stop at 1874.50.

Festina lente.

Comment

Hate to, but I need at least some sleep... Stop to 1872.75.

Probably get stopped and miss 20 handles.

Festina lente.

Comment

Out of that for +0.25 early this morning.

Short 1872.75.

Festina lente.

Comment

Lots of good charts on copper and the yuan.

Celebrating China's First Bond Default: Copper Limit Down, Yuan Crashes Most In Six Years | Zero Hedge

Festina lente.

Comment

Out, -3.

Festina lente.

Comment

The yen and gbp are more trading against each other more this morning than any time I've ever seen. [Edit: Except when they're not. Oddly, they're trading WITH each other a large part of the time as well.]
                                        Last edited by Asimov; 03-10-2014, 08:35 AM.

Festina lente.

Comment

Yes, that cable is getting slaughtered today!

Comment

Looking for a spot to go long today...

Comment

CNYUSD vs S&P 500

I found this chart rather interesting.

Name:	CNYUSD.vs.SPX.2014.03.10.post.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	351884

Comment

Originally posted by Piros_Cap View Post
                                                Looking for a spot to go long today...
                                                You'll probably find one. Maybe pretty close to the overnight low?

Festina lente.

Comment

Long

Comment

Shit, didn't post it.

Short 1873. (Stop at 1872.50.)

Festina lente.

Comment

Stop to 1869.50.

Festina lente.

Comment

I thought it might start getting better about here... And it *MIGHT* be...

Festina lente.

Comment

Added to long

Comment

As long as my stop doesn't get hit, I think I'll just hang onto that short.

Festina lente.

Comment

Let's see if we retest that low of the day...

Comment

$Trin is >2 and vix isn't really pulling back at all an this little move up off the low. Not saying it can't still go higher here, but bottoms are usually a bit more obvious in the internals.

Yen's basically flatlined, hasn't moved down really at all.

Festina lente.

Comment

Well, we're back at the low...

Comment

Out, +3.5.

Festina lente.

Comment

Long 1869.50.

Festina lente.

Comment

Sold half my position

Edit: That was my add on

Comment

Stop to 1871.

Festina lente.

Comment

Out at 1871.50, +2.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Short 1871.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Looking for a long entry here...

Edit: and I am long two units

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I sold all my longs, I don't like what the Yen is doing

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Hahaha, and the yen pops, SPX pops, and all I'm holding is a sandwich...

Edit: Sandwich is delicious
                                                                                    Last edited by Piros_Cap; 03-10-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Long again

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Out, -2.75.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Added a second unit to my long

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Short 1871.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              You really can't make this stuff up:
                                                                                              EVANS: FED NEEDS TO BE CLEAR RATES WILL BE LOW FOR LONG TIME (ok)
                                                                                              EVANS SAYS 'WE NEED TO LET THE MARKET WORK' (umm, well...)
                                                                                              EVANS SAYS FED WANTS TO SEE LOWER LONG-TERM INTEREST RATES (but... you just said)
                                                                                              EVANS:HIGHER LONG-TERM RATES FOR RIGHT REASON IN 'OUR' INTEREST (wait, what?)
                                                                                              HAHAHAH. Gotta love it.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Out, -3. I'm done.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Ok, somewhat bearish internals. Yen drifting up for two hours...

Possibly a lower high. 1m going on a possible sell. Hmmm...

Festina lente.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    1m on sell now. Internals weakening atm.

Short 1873.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #51
                                                                                                      Is this the start of that habitual EOD ramp up?

I need a tiny rise up just to break even...

Comment

• #52
                                                                                                        -1.5.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                          Selling one unit of my position here, up literally a case of beer here. Still long one unit

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                            Ok, make some of this back on the EOD ramp. Long 1874.75

Festina lente.

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                              Great job with your thread Asi. [thumbs up]

Just to let others here know, that my posts are sporadic, cause my parents are getting elderly and I need to go to their home many afternoons per week. This prevents me from posting and trading my usual es. Hope to get back to normal someday soon.

This is a monthly chart of the SPX with volume profile. Note, how low the volume is above the old high of 2007 at SPX 1576. If we get a 23.6% fib retrace, then this would bring us down to the 1576 area, if that does happen, then a bounce should come from that point. When support is hit the first time, then a bounce is expected. If we fail one the second and third time, then it becomes resistance.

Patience should be rewarded for the Bears. We are exactly 5 years into this rally.

Name:	TOS SPX PROFILE M 3-10-14.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	351896

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                                Sold last unit of longs, I'm flat. Based on my horrible timing today, I expect a rocket shot to the moon now.

After commission I am up $34.47

Also, there's the rocket shot... hahaha
                                                                                                                Last edited by Piros_Cap; 03-10-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                                  A few high ticks...

Festina lente.

Comment

• #58
                                                                                                                    Stop to 1875.50.

Festina lente.

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                                      +1.75. Short from 1875.50.

No EOD ramp?

Festina lente.

Comment

• #60
                                                                                                                        Possible movers this evening:

7:50pm JPY M2 Money Stock y/y 4.4% 4.4%
                                                                                                                        8:30pm AUD NAB Business Confidence 8
                                                                                                                        Tentative JPY Monetary Policy Statement

Festina lente.

Comment

Market Data

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Gold Markets

Collapse

Investor Tube

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse
                                                                                                                        Working...
                                                                                                                        X