Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree242Likes

Tuesday May 14th. It's Tuesday. The market should be UP.

This is a discussion on Tuesday May 14th. It's Tuesday. The market should be UP. within the The Lounge forums, part of the Bull Bear Talk Forums category; Stopped out of euro....

Stopped out of euro.
    The planets, an egg and Erik Sven's meatballs tell me how to trade so you sure as heck don't want to follow me either.

There are 4 seas (mare in Latin) with colors as their names: Black, White, Red and Yellow.
    Sochi Russia (Olympics), Ukraine, and Crimea all border the Black Sea, or dark horse.

I'm part of the BBT furniture Cedric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spitz View Post
    Stopped out of euro.
    Euro is making a HS on the daily these last 6 months, it may plays out soon.
    This dollar cycle should be RT. Commodities are resisting well face with a dollar out of an ICL.
    spitz likes this.

I'm part of the BBT furniture Gracegift's Avatar

Jay,

I have almost bought one a couple of times but I am trying to cut down on soft drinks and i think if i had one I would justify using it, The people I have talked to that have one absolutely love it and it appears wall street likes it (at this time) almost a double in 6 months
    soda.jpg
    We seldom know the impact our lives have on other lives. Oswald Chambers observed that "a river reaches places which its source never knows.

UUP (Weekly) broke above the 200 MA for the first time in over 2 years. BULLISH. It's a beautiful chart. Consolidated between the 50 and 200 in a flag pattern then broke out above the 200. This is bad news for PM's.
    Last edited by Wav_ridah; 05-14-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMiyagi View Post
    Talking about great food, especially smoked BBQ and Middle Eastern, when I can only salivate, is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!! (or should be )

Offers of vacuu-packed samples are always welcome...
    My mom and stepdad have a jerky business in Texas, you want packaged meat, I can send you all you can eat (for a price)
    MrMiyagi likes this.

I'm part of the BBT furniture SF Giants Fan's Avatar

$BPGDM will drop 50% today to 3.33
    GOLD flipped bearish

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    My mom and stepdad have a jerky business in Texas, you want packaged meat, I can send you all you can eat (for a price)
    Website?
    We seldom know the impact our lives have on other lives. Oswald Chambers observed that "a river reaches places which its source never knows.

Peter Grandich megaphone guess chart from 3-1-13

Quote Originally Posted by Gracegift View Post
    Website?
    Oma's Choice

Website is low-rent, jerky is really good though.
    Shakey, Persephone, 86d and 1 others like this.

Oma's Choice

Website is low-rent, jerky is really good though.
    Is the turkey good ?
    and the peanut candy is that the round ones with the red candy and a bunch of peanuts and do I get a discount

Quote Originally Posted by Gracegift View Post
    Is the turkey good ?
    and the peanut candy is that the round ones with the red candy and a bunch of peanuts and do I get a discount
    It's all good, but turkey is not my favorite. Others seem to love it though, they sell quite a bit of it. My favorite is the venison, but that's only available during huntin' season my friend. When venison is not available I eat my weight in whatever I can get. The Ole Style and Ole Style Peppered are pecan smoked and the mesquite smoked speaks for itself.

You can get the peanut patties which are the round red ones or you can get the brittle. I make my own brittle, but this stuff is pretty good. My mom and stepdad make the jerky by hand in their plant, but rep many other products from local Texas producers because they have a distribution network that covers most of the state.

Here's the website for the brittle that they sell if you want to see pictures.

Kay Klauber Candies
    Gracegift and spitz like this.

I never sleep!

86d likes this.
    The planets, an egg and Erik Sven's meatballs tell me how to trade so you sure as heck don't want to follow me either.

There are 4 seas (mare in Latin) with colors as their names: Black, White, Red and Yellow.
    Sochi Russia (Olympics), Ukraine, and Crimea all border the Black Sea, or dark horse.

FLR
    I like this site!

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    I've never tried the product. I'm in Europe now and would love to know what it's like.
    It's a British invention from the early 1900s. It was popular in Europe in the late 1970s and we had one in our house. It's definitely a fad and it was heavily promoted by sports stars where I lived. People grow tired of the things and the thing was dead by the mid 1980s. They have proprietary CO2 cylinders that are expensive. It's not that great. I would never buy one again. This is what they looked like in the 1970s: Soda Stream: 1979 - 1970s - Electric Dreams

It's a bad investment. A good short in a few years when the fad starts to die.

The product was revived by some Israelis. In Sweden there is actually a competing product called AQVIA that is made by AGA, which is an industrial gas company now part of Linde.

86d
    William Wallace Honorary Club 86d's Avatar

It's all good, but turkey is not my favorite. Others seem to love it though, they sell quite a bit of it. My favorite is the venison, but that's only available during huntin' season my friend. When venison is not available I eat my weight in whatever I can get. The Ole Style and Ole Style Peppered are pecan smoked and the mesquite smoked speaks for itself.

You can get the peanut patties which are the round red ones or you can get the brittle. I make my own brittle, but this stuff is pretty good. My mom and stepdad make the jerky by hand in their plant, but rep many other products from local Texas producers because they have a distribution network that covers most of the state.

Kay Klauber Candies
    The stuff done with pecan is just out of control. I just ran out in the last month and it was kind of a sad moment. Thanks Billy, brings back a lot of good memories.
    A Man equipped with a strong will, will always undergo a certain risk, being forced to exceed to his own will.......S.A. Andree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPUsQHMw0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pujenWy-rM

Looks like Zerohedge is visiting BBT. They have a story about today's forum title. Tuesday's...

18 Out Of 18 | Zero Hedge

Kay Klauber Candies
    Going to order some . My father loved hose red peanut patties absolutely loved them

rdi
    I like this site!

in my opinion the best site for market updates is the -Keystone Speculator -he keeps you updated through out the day and the reasons why the markets moving up or down
    this is just a small example what he posted tonight-

"The CRB peaked in the summer 2011 and is down ever since, two years running, on a slowing global demand. The SPX continues higher from 2011 ignoring the commodities. These are special markets. The broad indexes are fueled by central banker easy money. The expectation would be for the equity markets to respond to the commodity weakness in sympathy, moving to the downside as well but daily new all-time highs continue. The CRB is in the middle of its long-term multi-year range while the SPX is elevated above all its prior highs in history. Typically the entity that deviates the most would be expected to correct the most, in this case the SPX to the downside. This is interesting action and not what would be expected; a market that goes up wildly higher each day as commodities are less in demand

Gonna get some miners tomorrow if these triggers work: SVLC at $1.81 and TK at $0.84. 5% each. Woot.

Did anyone take the BBRY trade on the "beautiful ichimoku" setup? I wanted to, but couldn't do it. I just can't get into stocks here. Too nervous.
    "My meatballs portend great travesties."

Don't follow me, I follow Spitz and MrMiyagi. *bort*

LM on the dollar.JPG

The dollar has been looking very scary lately .

LM puts it all in perspective with an excellent report today......, and he ties his dollar study together with commodities.
    It’s All About the Dollar … | Cycle Trading
    R41 likes this.
    Dollar is key to gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Sven View Post
    Gonna get some miners tomorrow if these triggers work: SVLC at $1.81 and TK at $0.84. 5% each. Woot.
    Why not wait till this ratio starts turning up.

$HUI:$SPX - SharpCharts Workbench - StockCharts.com
    Erik Sven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SF Giants Fan View Post
    Why not wait till this ratio starts turning up.

$HUI:$SPX - SharpCharts Workbench - StockCharts.com
    OK, ok. I see what you're saying here.
    "My meatballs portend great travesties."

Don't follow me, I follow Spitz and MrMiyagi. *bort*

I'm part of the BBT furniture SeattleSun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    If you're child enters college ignorant, he will leave as such. It all starts and ends from the home and the experiences you provided leading up to that point. If you expect that a college is going to make your son a human being, complete them, or if that's where they're going to get their "life education", then you're mistaken. That's probably the expectation you have of college when you frame a statement like that.

I agree that many degrees from most colleges are a waste of time and money. But if your child is wise to the world, knows what they want, and enters the right institution then the 4 years spent (a fraction of time) can be an extremely valuable and a rewarding experience.
    Only 150 of 3500 U.S. Colleges Are Worth the Investment: Former Secretary of Education
    Bill Bennett assessed the “return on investment” for the 3500 colleges and universities in the country.

He found that returns were positive for only 150 institutions.

The top 10 schools (note all "private") ranked by Bennett as having the best "ROI" are below for the full list he used click the URL below.

Harvey Mudd College
    California Institute of Technology
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
    Stanford University
    Princeton University
    Harvard University
    Dartmouth College
    Duke University
    University of Pennsylvania
    University of Notre Dame

He found college is “worth it” if you get into a top tier university like Stanford, or study an in-demand field like nuclear engineering at even a lower tier school.

Colleges Worth Your Investment - Full List
    See the Updated 2013 College ROI List
    http://www.payscale.com/college-education-value-2012

The Future of Higher Education in America - 1 Hour Video from the Milken institute
    Global Conference 2013 | The Future of Higher Education in America
    Last edited by SeattleSun; 05-15-2013 at 02:41 AM.
    spitz likes this.
    "It takes courage to be a Pig!" Barton Biggs (1932 2012)

I'm part of the BBT furniture SeattleSun's Avatar

Rotate!
    "It takes courage to be a Pig!" Barton Biggs (1932 2012)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123